Come and enjoy all the best bits of a Melbourne Cup lunch at Cafe Lagarto, without the horse racing! This is Cafe Lagarto’s Annual “Not-The-Melbourne-Cup” Lunch … A charity/fundraiser event for those of you who love dressing up & having fun with family/friends, without watching a horse race.
Live Music with Georgie Manikus Trio
Drawn throughout the day, featuring awesome prizes. Participants can buy books of raffle tickets throughout the day and drop them in the ticket boxes for the prizes of their choice.
Lucky Door Prize
Fashion parade featuring fashions from a range of local businesses.
Best Dressed Prize
Enjoy our special “Not the Melbourne Cup Canape Platters”. We will be serving hot and cold savoury platters from 12-2 and dessert platters from 2-4pm. (Please pre-book your platters when you RSVP for the event).
Savoury Canape Platter (Available from 12-2pm) – $40 Serves 2-3 People
- Sweet potato fritter w/ smokey corn salsa and labneh
- Feta cheese and rosemary croquettes w/ sweet tomato relish
- Mini quiche, chorizo and caramelized onion and grilled zucchini and cherry tomatoes.
- Tempura prawns w/ lime aioli
- Smoked salmon mousse on toasted Rye w/ cucumber and caviar
- Crispy prosciutto w/ roasted eggplant and capsicum salad on a toasted garlic crostini
Dessert/Sweet Canape Platter (Available from 2-4pm) – $30 Serves 2-3 People
- Profiteroles: Filled with custard cream & topped with ganache
- Mini pavlova: Meringue topped with vanilla cream and fruit
- Caramel coffee cake: Sponge cake layered with caramel and espresso
- Passionfruit tart: Sweet pastry cases filled with passionfruit cream
- Lemon lavender & white chocolate melting moment: Lavender-scented shortbread cookies sandwiched together with lemon white chocolate ganache
Special Event Cocktails, as well as our usual beer, wine & cider menu
Espresso Martini $19.95 – A Coffee cocktail made with a shot of fresh espresso, vodka, Kahlua liqueur and a splash of Baileys for that rich creamy flavour. Served in a martini glass with 3 friendly coffee beans.
Mojito $19.95 – Sweet, limey, minty, and sparkling Mojito, made with crushed lime juice, mint and brown sugar mixed with white rum and topped with soda and even more lime and hand picked mint leaves.
Cosmopolitan $19.95 – The classic sweet and tangy cosmo. Chilled vodka, triple sec and fresh cranberry and lime juice shaken on ice and served martini glass with a twist of zest on top.
French Martini $19.95 – A combination of vodka, fresh pineapple juice and the French raspberry liqueur, Chambord. The cocktail is shaken over ice & double strained into a martini coupe glass – enjoy the rich creamy topping with every sip!
Fully licensed – No BYO please.
$25 per person and includes a complimentary glass of bubbles on arrival.
Supporting our Charity Partners – Transitioning Thoroughbreds Foundation and the Carers Foundation
All entry fees will be fully donated to our charity partners, along with all proceeds from raffles, and 10% of the total cafe takings for the duration of the event (12-4pm).
Tables of 6 or more available for booking now.
Smaller groups welcome, if prepared to join a table of friends you haven’t met yet.
Entry fee (non-refundable if you cancel) to be paid at time of table booking.